RT @ebonytbawg: Sharing with you today my love for @skinstitut skincare ! Full review on the blog, link vi… https://t.co/bP4PDnGTo4 https:/…
Style icon for today elyseknowlzy keeping it natural and laid back. https://t.co/wqL8xl5Nqk
LONG HAUL FLIGHT SKIN TIPS || ALWAYS PREP! Sometimes we don’t think about the after effects of… https://t.co/fNLjbTpAMG
Find out how the beautiful @carolinehgroth cured her 15 years of struggle with cystic acne using… https://t.co/1HDMOOOvsG
The final week of our 5 a-day skin transformation challenge! Keep those transformation images… https://t.co/YWMlBJ4glG
Published: Thu January 23, 2014
Categories: Top 5 Advice
Getting sunburnt is something you want to avoid at all costs…especially if you want to have healthy, youthful looking skin!
So with the treacherously hot weather that is being experienced across Australia at the moment in mind — Protecting your skin against the damaging UV rays is extremely important. Especially in the war against Skin Cancer & anti ageing.
Because let’s face it — nothing damages your skin, quite like a date with the sun without wearing protection
Ways to Beat The Sun & Protect your skin
1. Suns rays are strongest between 11 am – 3pm. Avoid lying in the sun between these hours. If you do have to be outside within this time, protect your skin by covering it up/using a parasol to protect yourself.
2. Always apply SPF 50, 20 minutes prior to sun exposure. The number on the SPF bottle reflects the length of time of protection e.g. 50 means you can stay in the sun 50 times longer prior to burning. Any excess UV radiation can cause skin damage even if the skin is not burnt.
3. Always remember this: More than 2 hours of constant sun exposure can be considered damaging and potentially harmful to the skin, even with SPF protection as the skin may be protected from burning but cannot cope with the radiation leading to possible cell mutations or even skin cancer.
4. Use liberal amounts. A teaspoon for each limb is a good guideline to ensure adequate coverage and reapply every 2 hrs. Use a broad spectrum SPF 50 + to give maximum protect from both UVB rays (burning) and UVA (ageing rays).
5. Use SPF 50 daily on the face, neck and décolleté to protect against premature ageing and pigmentation, even in winter UVA rays are present during daylight.