RT @ebonytbawg: Sharing with you today my love for @skinstitut skincare ! Full review on the blog, link vi… https://t.co/bP4PDnGTo4 https:/…
Style icon for today elyseknowlzy keeping it natural and laid back. https://t.co/wqL8xl5Nqk
LONG HAUL FLIGHT SKIN TIPS || ALWAYS PREP! Sometimes we don’t think about the after effects of… https://t.co/fNLjbTpAMG
Find out how the beautiful @carolinehgroth cured her 15 years of struggle with cystic acne using… https://t.co/1HDMOOOvsG
The final week of our 5 a-day skin transformation challenge! Keep those transformation images… https://t.co/YWMlBJ4glG
Published: Wed January 07, 2015
Categories: Top 5 Advice
1. I shall not cherry pick. A little bit of what you fancy does you good right? Not when it comes to good skincare! Mixing and matching skincare products can lead to adverse skin reactions due to product overload or certain skincare ingredients being incompatible. Follow a simple skincare routine religiously for 4 – 6 weeks and be amazed at what a difference a little bit of commitment can make. Skincare products take time to work and result can take anything from 4 – 6 weeks. Good thinks come to those that are patient!
2. I shall take my make up off before I go to bed. One night won’t hurt will it? Leaving make up on overnight will not do any long term damage however, when one night becomes every night it has a negative impact on the skin. The skin accumulates dead skin cells, dirt, grime, pollution, oils and sweat throughout the day. Combine this with sunscreen, make up, bronzing powders and make up primers and you have the perfect recipe for blackheads, bumps and congestion. A quick 60 second cleansing routine every evening will keep the skin clear and radiant and will stop you waking -up with mascara panda eyes.
3. I must, I must exfoliate. Different skin types and conditions will vary on the amount of exfoliation required however, as a general guide line commit to using an intensive exfoliant once – twice per week. The perfect exfoliant is a combination product that works by loosening old dead skin cells and mechanically pushing them off for a thorough deep clean. Look for dual action exfoliants that contain enzymes or hydroxy acids with spherical beads to gentle scrub away dead skin cells. We recommend trying Skinstitut Glycolic Scrub 14% (rrp: $45 AUD)
4. I will cut out the junk. Junk food diet = junk food face! Eating a diet full of high sugar, processed foods and takeaways is the worst thing you can do for your skin. High sugar consumption will accelerate the ageing process, worsen skin discoloration and aggravate break outs and acne. ‘I don’t eat much sugar’ I hear you cry…think again, hidden sugar in low fat yoghurts, sauces, spreads and alcohol is just as bad as pure sugar. Combine the sugar with fatty foods such as hot chips, cookies and packet 2 minute noodles and you have a recipe for disastrous skin.
5. I will use a serum. The skin, like any other organ of the body is reliant of a constant supply of vitamins and mineral to keep it healthy. In times of stress, poor diet and excessive alcohol consumption, the skin is often the last organ to receive the necessary nutrients that make it look healthy and radiant. Feed your face daily by applying a concentrated serum full of skin nutrients such as anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals to keep the skin healthy. Try Skinstitut Rejuvenate 15 serum (rrp: $45 AUD) to hydrate, repair and renew skin.
Be sure to follow these simple steps this year and make 2015 your best skin year ever.